I’m almost in the end of my training program and on the way to my final year of my degree program. Last week, at our training place we had a hot discussion about our Grade Point Average(GPA) and how can we raise our GPA in order to get first class (need GPA >= 3.7).
Everyone started to calculate their GPA, after a rocked mathematical calculation we found required GPA and the GPA we have to score in the final year to get an over roll GPA 3.7. Some of my friends said, they need 3.9, 4.1 and ect. Now my turn to reveal the ultimate required GPA. It’s more than 4.20001 😉 (didn’t like to damage my image 🙂 by saying >5.0) where the maximum reachable GPA is 4.2. Everyone laugh but I never worry because Impossible is Nothing. While everyone gets maximum GPA of 4.2, I want to put a top margin by achieving a highest GPA of 5.2, forever – may be Guinness World Records .
Like my previous GSOC failure research, I did a research on this issue and found a formula . . .
formula –> required GPA disproportional to credits —> GPA ∝ 1/credits 🙂
According o the formula the research results are,
Increase the GPA – very very difficult task
- Give some donation to University (please note that it’s not BLACK MONEY).
- Create a fake student(not FACEBOOK) account and add them together.
- Introduce our pals GPA calculator – 1000% accurate 😦
Increase the credits – easy task
- Use my monkey brain and steel the credit from others.
- Enroll all the available subjects even agriculture, law and BOOK subjects.
- Use my credit card to add more credit to my student account.
Headache forced me to post this post 🙂 – wasted 1 hour 🙂
During my third year I developed a plug-in that applies the MPTT technique to WordPress CMS (it is a GSoC 2009 idea from WordPress – http://codex.WordPress.org/GSoC2009) . I did it as a project for a subject called program project. If we want to add more functionalities to WordPress then it can be done in two ways, implement the code inside the WordPress core or add the implementation as a plug-in. It was a hard thing to deal with WordPress core so I developed it as a plug-in by dividing the project into two parts.
MPTT technique is a great algorithm . . . to get more details refer this site
1. Applying the MPPTT technique to WordPress database – here i added new fields lft and rgt to some of the WordPress database table – wp_post, wp_comment. By rearranging the database i can convert the database into tree structure(MPTT) and this tree structure will be useful in the 2nd step.
2. Showing the contents of WordPress using MPTT – The best way to handle this is to modify the WordPress core but dealing with wordpress core is very hard so i planned to provide a new template that apply the MPTT technique and display the contents of the blog. This new template is not the perfect one but it shows most of the contents(posts and comments) correctly using MPTT technique.
some of the progress documents(RUP) i used to develop the plug-in . . .
This post tells about a project ……
This is a small project about handling database through MySQL. This project is announced by our department under the module of CS 3040 – database systems. As a group we completed this project successfully.
To check out our project visit http://cs3040.fh50.com/
And feel free to give feedback ..
The scenario is,
There are various events that are organized annually by the CSE Department such as the Formulae CSE, the Hit the Grounds and the AGM. You are required to design a database that keeps track of the sponsorships of these events.
A particular event can have different types of sponsorships. A particular sponsorship for a given event will have a predefined number of sponsorships. For example in the event Hit the Grounds ’09, there will be Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze sponsorships, with 1 Gold, 2 Silver and many Bronze sponsors. Each type of sponsorship will have different kinds of privileges such as the number of banners given. Companies can opt to give any number of sponsorships for a single event.
Event coordinators should be able to register with the system and create new events. They should be able to a brief description about the event and add sponsorship details, which will be displayed along with the details of the event on the website. They should be able to add/delete/modify the sponsorship details for the events. All events will have a closing date for the call of sponsorships. Companies should be able to register through the system as potential sponsors and view event details and give sponsorships.
Both event coordinators and companies should be able to
1. Search for upcoming events
2. Search for past events
3. Search for events that fall during a given timeframe
4. Search for the type of sponsorships of a selected event
5. Search for the vacant sponsorships of a selected event
6. Search for the privileges of a given type of sponsorship of a selected event
Companies should be able to
1. Search for events sponsored by a their company
2. Search for events that fall within a specified time frame sponsored by their company
Event coordinators should be able to
1. Search and view the list of sponsors of a set of events, grouped according to the name of the sponsor
2. Search and view the list of sponsors of a set of events, for a given time frame, grouped according to the name of the sponsor.
You are encouraged to add any additional functionality that you think will be useful.
have a look ….