Month: December 2009
Have a look ….. amazing thing …..
This post tells about a project ……
This is a small project about handling database through MySQL. This project is announced by our department under the module of CS 3040 – database systems. As a group we completed this project successfully.
To check out our project visit http://cs3040.fh50.com/
And feel free to give feedback ..
The scenario is,
There are various events that are organized annually by the CSE Department such as the Formulae CSE, the Hit the Grounds and the AGM. You are required to design a database that keeps track of the sponsorships of these events.
A particular event can have different types of sponsorships. A particular sponsorship for a given event will have a predefined number of sponsorships. For example in the event Hit the Grounds ’09, there will be Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze sponsorships, with 1 Gold, 2 Silver and many Bronze sponsors. Each type of sponsorship will have different kinds of privileges such as the number of banners given. Companies can opt to give any number of sponsorships for a single event.
Event coordinators should be able to register with the system and create new events. They should be able to a brief description about the event and add sponsorship details, which will be displayed along with the details of the event on the website. They should be able to add/delete/modify the sponsorship details for the events. All events will have a closing date for the call of sponsorships. Companies should be able to register through the system as potential sponsors and view event details and give sponsorships.
Both event coordinators and companies should be able to
1. Search for upcoming events
2. Search for past events
3. Search for events that fall during a given timeframe
4. Search for the type of sponsorships of a selected event
5. Search for the vacant sponsorships of a selected event
6. Search for the privileges of a given type of sponsorship of a selected event
Companies should be able to
1. Search for events sponsored by a their company
2. Search for events that fall within a specified time frame sponsored by their company
Event coordinators should be able to
1. Search and view the list of sponsors of a set of events, grouped according to the name of the sponsor
2. Search and view the list of sponsors of a set of events, for a given time frame, grouped according to the name of the sponsor.
You are encouraged to add any additional functionality that you think will be useful.
have a look ….
think that, there are two set of items, one set has hundred of preference to choose but another has only less number of preference(much less) to choose.. but people choose the things from second set …. anyone thing, is it a good choice …. it may be silly things but if u are a person, who can identify these thing then your life with IT industry gonna easy …..
first check out the family members of Linux
you can find out the number of choices you have … and you can get it absolutely free …. but still someone(not someone, most) go behind unwanted thing.