This post talks about, “Tips for create posters using Microsoft Word” if you don’t have any experiences with other tools like Photoshop or Gimp.
Word 2007/2010 improved a lot compare to its previous releases. Here I share some of the features that I know . . .
- First setup the poster format.
- Set the page size according to the poster size.
- Use columns layout if needed.
- Used text boxes to write texts. Text box has the feature of adding backgrounds and nice borders that make more attractive the poster.
- Especially when describing project components use text box.
- Use some nice picture for the background.
- Use the picture styles.
- Use MS Word Illustrations whenever needed.
graphic editing tool and faced a hard time to make the poster within a limited time . Suddenly got a thought of “Why don’t I work with the tool that I used for documentation”…. yap, that led me to pick MS word even i never used it to graphic editing purposes.